|8 ounces of cauliflower florets
6 ounces broccoli florets
1 small carrot, sliced thin
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon cooking oil (canola, vegetable, or peanut)
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
1 egg white
1. Lightly steam the vegetables (crisp/tender) and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, add cornstarch to water, stir, and then set aside.
3. In large wok or fry pan, heat oil until hot, add garlic, fry for about 15 seconds (don't let it burn).
4. Add broth and soy sauce, and bring to a simmer.
5. Add cornstarch/water to mixture, and simmer until it thickens.
6. Add egg white, gently swirling it through the sauce (don't beat it in).
7. Add steamed vegetables to heat through.
You may serve this as a side dish; or add chicken, crab, or shrimp to make a main dish.